Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Longing for Family

No pictures...Camera has taken a trip to the Ukraine with Olin for the next month, we miss him but are happy about where he is and all he is learning. Andy has now been in Germany for a year and a half and Karl quietly moves about the house and yard. Even though our house is quiet and I long for my sons, my longings go deeper.

My mom has a brother 13 years younger, even though associations and time spent together with this uncle are few, my memories are strong. He is a kind, warm loving man and one with whom I have wanted to spend more time. As a child I remember visits with his three children, as a teenager I remember visits to Utah's Snow and Ski adventures. But the last time I saw him was when I took my boys to Disneyland 10 or so years ago and we visited "Uncle Brad".

Yesterday was once again one of those days I long for...Uncle Brad & Jean flew into town to be with his three sisters, we had visits, food and laughs. It is uncanny the bond that ties family together and the longing to associate and be with them, I love that binding feeling and I LOVE my Uncle Brad!

2 comments:

Ruthann said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice visit with Uncle Brad. You and the guys would have LOVED the McCartney concert... we should seriously plan a road trip!

Elisabeth said...

Sorry to have missed him!!